Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    • Syfy announced today that Van Helsing has been picked up for a fifth and final season. The news, which comes three days ahead of its fourth-season finale, ensures that showrunners will have plenty …
    • It is being reported that CBS All Access has cancelled Strange Angel after two seasons. The move comes four months after the historical period drama aired its sophomore finale, which now acts as it…
    • It is being reported that Amazon has picked up Undone for a second season. The adult animated dramedy premiered in September with an eight-episode run that has garnered strong critical acclaim. …
    • Netflix has given The Witcher an early vote of confidence, picking up a second season of the fantasy drama over a month before its debut. The streaming service has ordered eight episodes for the so…
    • Amazon announced today that Goliath has been picked up for a fourth and final season. The legal drama, which comes from David E. Kelley and Jonathan Shapiro, returned in October for Season 3 and is…
    • NBC announced today that Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been picked up for an eighth season. The good news comes three months ahead of the cop comedy's Season 7 premiere, which is slated for February 6. …
    • Shudder announced today that Creepshow has been picked up for a second season. The good news arrives on the eve of the show's Halloween freshman finale, which will conclude a successful debut run. …
    • Epix announced today that Pennyworth has been picked up for a second season. The good news comes a month after the drama wrapped its freshman run, which was a successful one for the cable network. …
    • ABC has topped up The Rookie's second season, adding an additional seven episodes to its original order of 13. That gives the cop drama a total of 20 episodes for the 2019-2020 season, matching the…
    • The CW announced today that Batwoman has been given a back-order of nine episodes to bring its total to 22 - a full season's worth. The good news comes three weeks into the superhero drama's run, w…
    • The CW has topped up the rookie run of Nancy Drew, adding an additional nine episodes to its original order of 13. That gives the mystery drama a total of 22 episodes for a full first season. T…
    • Word is out that Freeform will not be ordering a third season of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, cancelling the show after two seasons. The sad news comes nearly five months after the comic-based drama ai…
    • Two weeks after its sophomore finale, The Outpost has been picked up for a third season. The fantasy adventure drama continued its run this summer, garnering similar ratings to its first season. …
    • Fox announced today that Prodigal Son has been topped up with nine additional episodes, making it the first new show of the fall to earn a full-season pickup. The good news comes just two episodes …
    • Today's New York Comic Con panel for The Walking Dead delivered some good, albeit obvious, news for the series in the form of a pickup for Season 11. Showrunner Angela Kang made the announcement, w…
    • Netflix announced today that Stranger Things has been picked up for a fourth season. The good news, which is really no surprise given the series' continued popularity, comes just under three months…
    • Showtime announced today that 'On Becoming a God in Central Florida' has been picked up for a second season. The good news comes midway through the black comedy's run, which has so-far received a m…
    • Comedy Central announced today that South Park has been picked up for Seasons 24, 25, and 26. The renewal is similar to the one it received in 2015, which was also a three-season order for a total …
    • HBO announced today that Succession has been picked up for a third season. The good news comes two episodes into the drama's sophomore run, which has once again been garnering high critical acclaim…
    • It is being reported that Krypton has been cancelled by Syfy after two seasons. The sad news comes just two days after the drama's sophomore finale, which now acts as its series ender. The Supe…
    • Word is out that The 100 will be coming to an end after its already-ordered seventh season. Creator Jason Rothenberg took to Twitter this morning to announce the news to his followers. The book…
    • Amazon announced today that The Expanse has been picked up for a fifth season. The good news comes months ahead of Season 4, which has yet to debut at its new streaming home since the online giant …
    • Hulu announced today that The Handmaid's Tale has been picked up for a fourth season. The good news was somewhat expected, as the book-based drama is still going strong in Season 3, maintaining its…
    • Word is out that Designated Survivor has been cancelled once again - this time by Netflix. The move comes the month following the political drama's third season release, which ends up as the only o…
    • TV Land announced today that Younger has been picked up for a seventh season. The good news comes midway through Season 6 of the dramedy, ensuring that the cable network's sole original scripted se…
Sign in to follow this  
Midnight

'Nikita's' Shane West: His tricky first kiss, favorite scary treat and 8 more revelations

Unlike Division agent Michael, however, West is very positive and open, subjecting himself to probing Celeb Slam Book questions with good humor and candor. It's not like he has anything to hide. In fact, most of his fans are already well aware of his musical talents and various tattoos.

West's first order of business under Zap2it's sinister too-bright light bulb is to divulge his first "real" kiss. It sounds a little tricky, but as any actor learns, it's all about improvising. Here's the dirty deets:

"I'll pass on the name," West tells Zap2it. "I guess it would have been pretty late. I'd have to say junior year of high school. I'm talking first real kiss. I kissed a million girls in kindergarten. So junior year in high school, outside of a movie theater on a slope that we kept slowly sliding down, which is really embarrassing. And then my mom came and picked us up. It was awesome. I don't think I ever saw her again."

Her loss we say.

West also dishes on his biggest fears, worst habit and a very sweet and scary treat he indulges in once a year.

1) What's your guiltiest music pleasure?

There's always something to say about '80s one-hit wonders. Being born in '78, I certainly have plenty of that. I have my iTunes right in front of me. Well, some people truly love the music, but I'll say for certain nights out in Las Vegas and that kind of stuff, I have some Rihanna and Lady Gaga. That's not what I normally listen to, but obviously the world does, so I don't know if that goes under a guilty pleasure, but it would be for me as well as plenty of Motley Crue, Poison and all the hair bands from the '80s, which are a lot of fun.

2) If you could jam with one person dead or alive, who would it be?

Joe Strummer, singer for The Clash. Big time. And he is dead, unfortunately.

3) Which celebrity do you find attractive?

There are many. I'd have to go with Angelina Jolie on that one. I've liked her since "Cyborg 2," which is a movie not many people saw. Check it out. It's one of her first films. It was pre-"Hackers," but not by much I don't think.

4) What's your worst habit or trait?It's been smoking in the past, which I've cut out. It was biting my nails in the past, which I've now cut out. I'm 32, so I did a full life reversal at 30 of at least paying attention to things more and actually getting them done instead of screwing around with them. I'd say it's just -- I have an inherent laziness that's built in me that I have to fight through all the time. So I would say getting off the couch. I'm very much a huge movie watcher and book reader, and even though that can be productive, it still does mean sitting on the couch. So I think my worst habit is getting me out of the house. Once I get out then I can keep moving.

5) What's the latest book and/or movie that affected you the most?

I just finished, believe it or not, "On the Road" for the first time, about five or six months ago. It was one of the reasons why I drove -- I didn't hitchhike -- but I drove from Los Angeles to Toronto to shoot "Nikita." It affected me enough, and I had not done that before. I had done it on tour buses with my band, but you're on a tour bus and you're asleep. It doesn't really count. So that book truly affected me in that sense that I wanted to feel that Americana and see it. I'm currently reading "The Fountainhead," which is going to take me a year I guess because it's like 800 pages. I make sure I start and finish everything, so I can't just stop even though I have other books to read.

"Paranormal Activity 2" was really creepy. I didn't really realize it was that effective until I tried sleeping the last couple of nights. There's also a movie that came out called "A Prophet" that came out this year. Brilliant film. It's essentially a "Godfather"-like tale taking place in prison. I hadn't seen a film that powerful as they had been 20-25 years ago in that genre. It seems like it had been a while since the last "Goodfellas."

6) Who do you text with the most?

Currently that would be all the actors and actresses I'm working with right now. In reality, my buddy from high school, my sister back in LA and the three good friends who are my roommates.

7) What is your deepest fear?Besides failure, it would have to be sharks and drowning. I did go swimming with sharks in Hawaii a couple years ago to try and get over the fear, and I did a pretty damn good job, but it's still a brutal way to go. And I've always thought drowning would be terrible.

8) What's a surprising activity you do in your free time?

I'm pretty much an open book from what people know about me. Besides you know, reading, watching movies, I play the guitar, I go to the gym a lot, I run. I think those things people already know. I started rock climbing here in Toronto. With a rope. Aaron Stanford, one of the actors on the show, is getting really into it. He just started bouldering, so wants me to go with him and do that with no line or anything. I'm trying to find time for that because it's a great way to stay in shape. And it's not boring, that's for sure. It's a great combo.

9) What's your food weakness?

Because of Halloween ending not too long ago, my weakness around there are breakfast cereals such as Boo Berry, Franken Berry and Count Chocula. And I'm still frustrated to this day that they are not sold all the time and only sold during Halloween. Obviously someone made the decision -- well, they're terrible for you, so it's a good thing they're not. But it's fun to have during Halloween. I'm looking at them right now. Those three boxes that were sent to me from my roommate in LA they're currently in my kitchen in Toronto sitting next to egg white protein, Emergen C and Clif bodybuilder bars ... and Boo Berry and Franken Berry.

View full article